27 August 2023

Actual Play Report: Mystara 1 Million Session 1

Campaign Day 1

Session 1

 

Location: The site of an ancient magic portal, in an undisclosed castle, in an undisclosed country.

 

Characters Present:

Eponymous 1 FM, Thyatian. A veteran from The War.

Nnnchanter, 1 lady Illusionist, with a weird baby human familiar.

The NPCs: 

A svirfneblin, 

a middle manager, 

a barbarianess, and 

a necromancer named Murder Man.

 

I now turn the blog over to Eponymous to give us a first-hand account of the madness.


Eponymous of Thyatia, first son of Eponymous of Thyatia.


We went through the tunnel of water.

 

It led us to a very old underground space. We heard the glorious music of Thyatian war as we coursed through the water tube, and it comforted the rest of them to hear it. For my part, I need no comfort, for I knoweth I immortals wait impatiently for me to join their ancient court.

 

The air were velvet as we breathed it in. Not pois'nous; but neither were it pleasant to the chest and humours.

 

Suddenly, a serpent set upon me. I killed the great and terrible serpent, and the woman with the weird pet child harvested its guts for some dark ritual.


Slaying the beast.

I found a map; and silver coins bossed with a forgotten king. I made dispatch the map t' the boring man to hold. At least he's good for something: the portaging of trifles!

The boring man is smart. This is how I know: he took a bride who cannot talk. It must be such a peaceful marriage. We should all take such brides to us as this!

Later, the cowardly hunchback found a false wall. I walked though and down the steps. The others followed of course. In a many-yesteryear’s-ruined flop, I discovered three very dear rings with strange inlays. Everyone was happy. They were happy to be my companions this day. What great treasure had I won, and would I share with them!

At this time I went back to the tunnel of water to bring news of my great triumph and share our new riches.

And then we drank and sang and feasted til thwere nary more to drink or sing or eat.

The water tunnel leads nowhere useful. Now they know it well. I hope they shroud it with a shroud and leave it under guard, lest wyrds from mythic underworlds swim up to the realms of Men.

 

Awards:

440 XP for each PC and retainer

200 GP to spend at the castle Mart.


Editor's Note: The other characters did stuff too. I'm certain of it. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay focused.